Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hot Dogs & Popsicle Sticks

Originally blogged 10/05/07:

I have to say, when I thought about having children, some things just never crossed my mind... if you are easily disgusted by doting parents, then please read no further. And if gross things gross you out, really, you need to stop reading RIGHT NOW.

The longer I am a mother, the more I wonder what I was like as a child... where's mom when I need her?!? Here's the latest that my beautiful, lovely children have done:

My daughter Emmi has been potty training herself. Yes, I said, potty training HERSELF. We've been working on it quite a bit, but just mainly going through the motions without any results. A couple of weeks ago, she was 'playing potty' and called me to tell me she had gone poo-poo. So I went to check and expectantly looked in the potty for nothing, when to my surprise she really had done exactly as she said! We commenced to cleaning and as she stood up, she looked proudly in the potty, gasped loudly and said, "Oh momma! It looks like a beeeea-uuuu-tiful hot dog!!!" ~ I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life!

Not to leave out my son , Kellan just had his 5th birthday this past Monday and of course we took him to the Doctor for his 5th year check up. As the Doctor was examining him to make sure he was developing properly in the private area, he said "Oh, what are these popsicle sticks doing here?" My husband and I looked at each other in confusion and I whispered to him, 'Oh, he must be trying to be silly to make Kellan comfortable'. We laughed quietly, relaxed and the exam continued without further mention of popsicle sticks. After the exam we headed out to eat for dinner. Halfway through our meal, I glanced towards my son's plate to the left of me and I noticed about 8 popsicle sticks on the table... and then I put 2 and 2 together... my son had actually put popsicle sticks in his underwear!

Allright, so there it is.

No comments:

Redeeming Love

* Not written to seek sympathy. I’ll be honest. Father's Day has never been my favorite holiday. I would stand forever in the Hallmar...