Saturday, June 12, 2010

Our new Poop, I mean Pup.

Meet our new puppy Gus!  Isn't he a sweetie?  We have totally fallen in love with him.


It's been nearly 20 years since I had a dog & I have soooo missed it.  My hubby has dog/cat allergies, but we found one that doesn't seem to bother him the way most others do, although I think I may have scared him into getting the pup b/c I always joked if anything ever 'happens' to my hubby the first thing I will do is go out and get a dog!  The last couple of months he's been researching what kind of dog he might be able to tolerate & Eureeka! We found the Cairn Terrier.

Being that it's been 20 years since I've been a puppy's master, I had totally forgotten all about the hard work of breaking in a puppy.  Its been about 3 years since I potty trained my youngest child and doggies are different than babies in that they deposit their lovelies at any given spot & any given moment.  Voila, puppy poopy surprise!

Have I mentioned that Hubby can't feel his feet due to some nerve damage from surgeries + his diabetes?  Well, puppy went missing for 5 minutes, so hubby went to find him.  Moments later, he bellowed from the bathroom in agony!  I jumped up & ran to the rescue and  there he was with one foot in the air and lovely puppy poop all over the bottom of it!
He had accidentally stepped in some puppy poop and tracked it all over the bathroom floor & rugs before even realizing it was on his foot b/c he couldn't feel it!  I of course who  always laugh at the wrong times immediately exploded into laughter!

Hopefully it won't take long to get Gus going right, if you know what I mean!

No comments:

Redeeming Love

* Not written to seek sympathy. I’ll be honest. Father's Day has never been my favorite holiday. I would stand forever in the Hallmar...