Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Making It Count.

I've been seeking. Searching. Looking. Questioning. Waiting. And listening. And I have to tell you, I'm hesitantly excited. 

The job market around here has been absolutely a bust for me. Application after application has been ignored by my local employers. My resume has been overlooked in favor of the less experienced, lesser paid, younger candidates.

And after toying with the idea of going back to school, I started looking online the last few days and was overwhelmed with all the choices out there. This school or that school? This degree or that degree? This minor or that minor? Ahhhhhhh! I've always had a hard time making those kind of decisions on my own.

That's why it's a good thing to listen after God's heart and to the desires He's placed in mine for many, many years. And guess what. I heard him. I found FREE online writing classes that I can take from varying reputable universities and professionals. I know, it may not be a degree that I bought and paid for, but education is education and free and available is what I need right now especially since... my time IS free and I AM available and extra income... is NOT.

So I'm going to be creating my own 'school' hours and honing my God-given skills. We'll see where it takes me. All I know is that when God says to trust Him and God says to move forward, I just can't ignore Him because that would make for one very miserable me.

I'm including this youtube video below that a friend of mine posted on facebook today. Of course they WOULD make the still frame the one scene with 2 scantily clad girls, but seriously, I love the inspiring and motivating quotes in it. And I wonder, what do you need to do today to 'Make it count'? To utilize one of the quotes in this video: "Above all, try something!" ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt


1 comment:

THE PILGRIM said...

"Get after it." -D. A. Crawford Cool vid, btw. A friend of mine just achieved the equivalent of a P.H.D. in creative writing. I didn't know you could major in something like that. She's just published her first book, and it attracted an agent, who connected her with a real publisher (as opposed to self-pub-ing), who has asked her for at least two more books in a series. YOU CAN DO EET!!! Love you, cuz.

Redeeming Love

* Not written to seek sympathy. I’ll be honest. Father's Day has never been my favorite holiday. I would stand forever in the Hallmar...