Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer-Time and the Livin's NOT Easy

Oh solo-me-o. I am missing my hubby. He is in the hospital. Again. I never thought I would be here. Here = the wife of an ailing man, a caretaker, a floundering mess of woman trying to re-figure out who in the world she is now because her other half has become somewhat helpless and she is now mom, dad, disciplinarian, chauffeur, chef and all the other things put into one and not keeping it as all together as she should.

I am tired. I am lonely. I am sad. I am mad. I am aggravated. I am grumpy. I am hopeful. I am faithful. I am thankful. I am quiet. I am loud. I am a diet pepsi drunkard. I am becoming a goodwill shopaholic.

15 minutes. That's all I get with him every 3-4 hours. I drive around town, looking for errands, perusing the shelves at Barnes & Noble, letting the kids play at Chic-Fil-A's indoor playground, finding treasures at Goodwill (really, I think I'm getting hooked on this one!) and then drive back to the hospital to wait around for the next 15 minute visit. 

As we were driving home tonight (we being, the kids and I), I was thinking how it's nearly mid-July and school is starting back right around the corner. There's so much I wanted to do this summer that I haven't done. So much I wanted to do with the kids that we haven't gotten to do. 

But we are trying to live it up in the perimeters we have, and do as much summerly damage as possible in the weeks we have left. We have a swim date after church Wednesday night that I intend to keep! It will be the kids' first swim of the summer. I can't wait. 

And I really can't wait until my hubby can come home from the hospital again. I love that man.

No comments:

Redeeming Love

* Not written to seek sympathy. I’ll be honest. Father's Day has never been my favorite holiday. I would stand forever in the Hallmar...